Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday May 6

1st 5 Fact: The following quote is taken from the 6th Amendment of the US Constitution:

“In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury…”

Answer these questions:

1) Why is it important to have the right to a “speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury” when accused of a crime?

2) The Sakane family, or any other Japanese-Americans, did not receive a trial to discover whether or not they were guilty of any crimes. Why do you think trials were not allowed?


Vocab: Optimism


We finished Chapter 17 in the book Journey to Topaz. Students turned in their last comprehension questions.


Rise and Stretch Quiz Tomorrow

1 comment:

we dont have a name said...

Hi, my name is Austin Blood. I am running for SBO it wasn't possible for me to turn in my application form is it possible for me to turn it in tomorrow? If you could contact me soon at austinbblood @gmail.com that would be great.

Thanks, Austin Blood